2.23.2008

August Sander


August Sander's is a photographer that has definitely caught my attention. I have even utilized his idea of photographing people at work for a portrait assignment in one of my previous photography classes. Of course, I did the idea in my own manner, not in the more traditional portrait manner as his were taken in. I tried to photograph my subjects doing their work without noticing the presence of my camera, where as Sander's has his subjects look at the camera while on the job. Either way, his work is fascinating to me. I particularly love the image of the man in the doorway. Mostly because of the size contrast from the door to the man. And another favorite of mine would be the man in the aprons. His shoes are so large and his expression is captivating. 

No comments: