2.27.2008

Kenro Izu


Kenro Izu is a photographer I stumbled upon when browsing Masters of Photography, I was captivated by his work because of the limitless details that filled each frame. These photographs were of places very familiar to us, however, he had captured them in a very breathtaking, tedious manner. Not letting a single detail escape the frame. As I read about Kenro Izu, I learned that he uses a technique where he takes platinum palladium prints with a custom built camera which produces negatives that are 14''x20''. He originally began photography as a fashion and commercial photographer, but soon found himself thriving off of landscapes and still-life photography. Many biographies say that he is a perfectionist, and I believe this is readily apparent in his works, and I don't mind the least.

No comments: