2.23.2008

Cindy Sherman

Cindy Sherman, a photographer, model, and filmmaker all wrapped up in one. I think she is a photographer we are all familiar with by name, but many don't know the history of her work. When I was researching her, I came across these videos which featured her photography. It's very interesting to see the range of work she has done.





Sherman is known primarily for never revealing herself and yet using herself as the subject of her artwork. By turning the camera around and taking pictures of herself, she has gained respect and quite a name for herself among photographers. I think Cindy Sherman is a great artist to research because she uses her work to get messages out, rather than being idle. Not only is this empowering and a good statement for artists, but also it is a statement for the power of women. I look forward the the artwork she brings out next.

No comments: