2.27.2008

Ironic Juxtapositions


Our recent assignment in photography is one that requires us to go out in the world and find ironic juxtapositions. From the assignment sheet, irony is an expression of meaning, often humorous or sarcastic, by the use of language of a different or opposite tendency. It is an ill-time or perverse arrival of an event or circumstance that is in itself desirable. And, a juxtaposition is the placing of elements in close proximity.

With this in mind, I set out to find my ironic juxtapositions. This assignment was actually quite a challenge. But, I do believe I was rewarded when I came across some very ironic situations. I was surprised that simply going out and driving around, walking around, and the like, the many, many situations that present themselves.

Overall, I am excited about this assignement and can't wait to get into the lab to develop my pictures!

No comments: