2.25.2008

Typography in Motion



This music video I came across as I was checking updates at Smashing Magazine, and was impressed and inspired by the beautiful use of typography in this video. Although the song is in Spanish, the video and band are based mostly off of typography. For my viewing pleasure, and other graphic designers, it doesn't matter what the song is about, the use of typography in a seemingly flawless manner is what makes a lasting impression. Everything from the colors to the letter combinations, and all the animations and text effects are chosen in such a manner that reveals the wisdom and talent of the designers. It's a must-see for any graphic designer or typographer.

In addition to this music video, Smashing Magazine's post was also about breathtaking typographic posters, some of which I would like to share with you. They are exquisitely refined designs, and although this post is not about photography, I cannot hide my passion for Graphic Design, as that is my current major and my current endeavor in life. Some of the posters may only be amusing to a graphic designer, but regardless of their deeper meaning, visually and aesthetically all of these posters are incredibly successful, designs which I can only hope to someday match in their skill and visual intensity. Being a graphic designer requires a different eye than a photographer, at least in my opinion, however, we utilize photography in our designs all the time. Therefore, photography is a wonderful tool that I feel privileged and obliged to learn and understand.


No comments: